Upgrading to new floors is always an investment! And just like any investment, your floors need to be properly taken care of to maximise their life and longevity. A well-maintained floor will look clean and bright and feel great to walk on and withstand heavy foot traffic. Here are a few tips on how to make your timber flooring last a long time!
- Sand is your floor’s worst enemy! Always try to keep sand off your floor and vacuum or sweep it up as soon as possible.
- Use felt pads on the bottom of your furniture – and replace them often to avoid scratches! If they get sand embedded in them they will start to scratch rather than protect your floor.
- Use the ENJO Floor cleaning system or a damp microfibre mop to regularly remove dirt. Don’t use a sopping wet mop, and clean up any spillage quickly.
- DO NOT Use a steam mop as this can force moisture into the timber causing it to deform.
- DO NOT use solvents like Acetone, Turps, Nail polish remover etc on your floor as these can cause the coating to completely blister off. Clean up any accidental spillages immediately.
- If you must use a chair with casters, replace them with rubber-wheeled ones.
Keep your floors looking and feeling brand new with proper care and maintenance!
At Floors By Nature, we advise our clients on the proper floor care and maintenance every after floor installation. Since different flooring materials require different cleaning methods and processes, we advise you to follow the instructions of our flooring specialists to preserve the quality of your flooring. If you need floor cleaning tools, we have Casters and Felt protection pads available at our Perth showroom.